I want to share a very simple recipe that I make at work for lunch. What makes this SO easy is that you don’t need to do any prep at home, as long as you have a refrigerator and eating utensils at your office. For about $15-$20, you will get all of the ingredients and bring them to work on Monday, and use them all by the end of the week.
You will notice the range in package sizes. This is to accommodate variety in the grocery store, as well as activity levels and daily calorie goals.
Easy Greens Salad with Chicken and Avocado
Recipe & Shopping List:
- One bag of baby arugula (6-10 oz.)
- One bag of baby spinach (6-10 oz.)
- One package of ready-to-eat grilled chicken (12-16 oz.)
- Two avocados (one slightly less ripe than the other)
- One lemon
- One lime
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Portion 1/5 of each bag of greens, 1/5 of the chicken, 1/3 of an avocado, and 1/5 of each citrus.
- Mix the greens on a large plate; chop chicken and avocado into bite-sized pieces and layer on top of greens.
- Squeeze lemon and lime over the top, and add salt and pepper to taste.
- On Tuesday, you will use 1/4 of the remaining greens, chicken, and citrus; Wednesday 1/3; Thursday 1/2; Then the rest on Friday. The two avocados are harder to split equally into 5, but feel free to try. I usually split one in 3 and the other in 2.